Please review the information panels and provide your feedback. Thank you for participating.
Please click the fullscreen icon to view a larger version of the panels
We have proposed five guiding principles that we are considering when planning for new off-leash areas.
Five Guiding Principles
- Ensure the location is easily accessible by all park users and within walking distance of most dog owners.
- Look for compatibility with existing park uses. Consider the existing park uses and reduce or eliminate potential park user conflict (ie proximity with playgrounds, picnic areas, active sport areas).
- Ensure the location is within an identified underserved area.
- Minimize impact on the natural environment and locate away from environmentally sensitive areas such as streams.
- Design the off-leash area to enhance existing park features.
We are looking for suitable locations in Lower Lonsdale parks for a new, small urban off-leash area. Please review the park attributes on the information panels below and select the ones you feel are most suitable for an off-leash area.
Thank you for your input.